D1 Minibus Training
To obtain a PCV D1 license you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must hold a full car licence (cat. B).
Who Needs a D1 Licence:
Anyone who passed their driving test after 31st December 1996.
Anyone who passed their driving test before 1997:
– And receives payment for driving a minibus
– Is employed by a school or college and driving a minibus is part of their job
– The minibus has gross vehicle weight over 3,500kg (or 4,250kg if it is wheelchair accessible)
– The minibus is used to tow a trailer.
The next steps are:
A medical will need to be undertaken.
Apply for provisional D1 entitlement on your driving licence.
Revise the DSA Theory Manual (These can be purchased from us) and take and pass the theory test which is 100 multiple choice questions and hazard perception which is 19 video clips An assessment driving lesson can then be arranged and a cost effective solution to your training can be established. All training is 1 to 1.
Practical tests can then be booked accordingly. The Practical test is run by the DSA which involves:
- Show Me Tell Me questions.
- Reversing exercise
- Controlled stop
- On road driving
Please contact us to discuss your individual training package.